Oregon Surety Bonds

Surety bonds are utilized by various Oregon regulators before a company or individual can become licensed or pursue a task. With Jet, you can purchase your bond in minutes. Start saving on your surety need now.

Have a question?

Call 855-296-2663 or use our chat to connect.

Not sure what bond you need? Browse here.

Oregon Surety Bond

Bond Categories

With the most varied set of bonding requirements, contractors need bonds for all manner of licenses, permits, and contracts.

Transportation bonds include those related to motor vehicles (including trucks and boats), fuel, tires, and the regulation of transportation.

Court orders or the execution of a trust or will sometimes require surety bonds. Whether the personal representative, plaintiff, defendant, or trustee you may need one of these.

Money management, mortgages, tax payments, and collections services require the business/individual to be bonded in Oregon.

Employee Dishonesty, Business Service, Janitorial Service, and ERISA Bonds help provide additional security for high-risk business types.

Oregon tax bonds include the Highway Use Tax Bond for motor carriers and trucking operations, the Cigarette/Tobacco Tax Bond for distributors, and the Liquor Tax Bond for breweries, wineries, and other liquor distributors.

Contractor schools, commercial driving schools, and schools of varying degrees must hold a surety bond to operate in the state.

Healthcare service-related bonds include requirements for dentists, optometrists, nursing homes, prescription drug wholesalers, and health care services.

Some bonds play by their own rules and refuse to be categorized with others such as Labor Contractor, Fight Promoter, Ocean Charter Owner, and Private Employment Agency bonds.

Not finding what you need? Try our full list of Oregon Surety Bonds.

State Bond Information

In Oregon, there are over 100 surety bonding requirements that individuals and businesses need to acquire. 40 different government departments, agencies, commissions, counties, and cities regulate various industries and operations within the state and use the bond as a tool to protect Oregon's beautiful landscape and people.

With a diverse set of surety bond requirements, Oregon's goal is to protect the state from regulated businesses and individuals (principals) committing fraud or negligence that leads to financial damage. Contractors are legally obligated to comply with their license, permit, and/or contract, so if a contractor leaves a project unfinished and refuses to complete the work, the customer is able to file a claim on the contractor's license bond. As the surety company, Jet would provide the claim payout to the customer and then seek reimbursement from the contractor. Read more details about claims in our Surety Bond Claims Guide.

Jet's application is simple—apply within minutes, and often you'll have the option to purchase the bond immediately online. Jet's direct model eliminates agents and brokers (middlemen) and gives you access to a convenient monthly payment option as well as low annual and multi-year rates.

Jet is approved to issue surety bonds in Oregon (Certificate of Authority #507159263).

Ready to get your surety bond?