North Carolina Construction Bonds

In North Carolina, construction work is classified and regulated in various ways. Most classifications of contractors need a surety bond in order to be licensed. Certain state, county, city, and commercial projects have their own bonding requirements. Jet is the only direct provider of contractor bonds in North Carolina allowing construction professionals to save time and money.

License Bonds

The State of North Carolina and several of its counties and cities require surety bonds as part of a license requirement. Choose from the list of contractor license bonds below or call us: (855) 296-2663.

The NC Landscape Contractors' Licensing Board requires a Landscaping License Bond for various landscaping specialties.

The NC Home Inspector Licensure Board requires this bond for home inspectors who cannot show net assets over $5,000.

$10,000 bond enforced by the NC Irrigation Contractors' Licensing Board for contractors installing sprinklers and irrigation systems.

Well contractor/driller $10,000 license bond for those performing work on wells in Wake County.

City of Greensboro surety bond in the amount of $5,000 or $2,000 depending on the type of permit work being completed.

City of Winston-Salem bond in the amount of $5,000 or $2,500 depending on type of work being completed - needed to pull permit.

Permit Bonds

North Carolina permit bonds are enforced on a county or city level and are for specific projects. Permit bonds are often requested on larger projects, and must be obtained before work can begin.

Bond secured with the Land Use and Environmental Services Agency for contractors doing construction in Mecklenburg County.

Permit bonds are needed for many large-scale jobs in North Carolina. Find the permit bond you need here.

Manufactured Housing Bonds

Surety bonds for contractors working on manufactured houses and modular homes, required by the NC Manufactured Building Division as well as various cities and counties.

License bond in the amount of $35,000 bond, and a $25,000 bond for supplemental locations.

The Manufactured Building Division's bond requirement of $100,000 for manufactured housing manufacturers.

$10,000 license bond enforced by the NC Manufactured Building Division for contractors setting up manufactured homes.

$5,000 bond for persons not licensed as a general contractor planning to erect a modular building.

Other Bonds

$20,000 bond for contractors who employ union workers, mandated by Local Union 312 in Lexington, North Carolina.

State Board of Examiners of Electrical Contractors requires this bond for electrical contractors getting or renewing an intermediate or unlimited license.