Arizona Construction Bonds

The State of Arizona classifies and regulates construction work in various ways. All contractors in Arizona are going to need a license bond and may even find themselves in need or a permit or performance bond. Jet Insurance Company is the only direct provider of contractor bonds in Arizona. You can get your bond through an efficient process and at an affordable rate with Jet.

License Bonds

The Arizona Registrar of Contractors requires contractors to hold a surety bond prior to and throughout their licensure. There are 16 types of licenses and a bond for each.

License bond for mobile and manufactured home installers, dealers, and manufacturers through the Arizona Department of Housing.

Home inspectors must secure a license bond to file with the Arizona State Board of Technical Registration in order to complete their certification.

This bond is for contractors and mobile home dealers to ensure licensees are complying with Arizona state tax laws.

Permit Bonds

The City of Phoenix will require contractors to obtain a right-of-way permit bond before construction begins in public thoroughfares and easements.

The City of Tucson requires this bond to be filed for commercial buildings that seek to begin use of the space while construction has not yet finished.

The Flood Control District of Maricopa County and the Maricopa County Department of Transportation deem this bond necessary to hold contractors accountable for their performance on public projects.

Surety bond in the amount of $1,000 for residential or $5,000 for nonresidential to be filed with the City of Tucson for temporary use of land or buildings.