Ohio Construction Bonds

The state and various counties and cities in Ohio have construction-related surety bond requirements. Surety bonds may be needed for licensing, permitting, or for obtaining contracts. In fact, the State of Ohio has more various city surety bond requirements than any other state in the union.

Jet has done the research, that no other surety company has, on each individual contractor bond requirement in Ohio. From Akron to Youngstown, we have the playbook for your bond. Don't see the bond you need listed below? Give us a call at (855) 296-2663.

State Department Bonds

Manufactured home brokers, dealers, and installers must obtain a $25,000 license bond and file it with the Ohio Department of Commerce.

Bond required by the Ohio Department of Health for residential sewage treatment system installers, service providers, and septage haulers.

For work on oil and gas wells, the owner of the well or the permit holder is to first secure a surety bond and keep it active with the Department of Natural Resources for the duration of the permitted work.

Permit bonds may be required by the Ohio Department of Transportation for work on highway right-of-ways.

Ohio contractors that are servicing, repairing, or installing private water systems must file a surety bond with the Department of Health to be registered for work performed in the state.

A reclamation permit bond may be required by the Department of Natural Resources for mining operations in Ohio.

Local Government Bonds

Department of Transportation's District 8 enforces a bond for contractors performing work on state roadways in Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Greene, Hamilton, Preble, and Warren counties.

Ohio labor and trade unions may require the contractors to hold a Wage and Welfare Bond if they hire laborers from the union.