Nevada Finance Bonds

In Nevada, there are nine governing entities that regulate and oversee 18 bond requirements for individuals and businesses operating in the finance industries. Bail bond agents, escrow agencies, title agents and insurers, collection agencies, and various mortgage companies are among those who need a bond to be licensed in the State.

At Jet, you are working directly with the decision-maker, meaning you can get the bond quickly without any fees. Our specialty is surety bonds and we focus on nothing else. Select from the list of bonds below, or give us a call at (855) 296-2663.

Real Estate

The Nevada Division of Mortgage Lending mandates that all mortgage brokers licensed in Nevada hold a surety bond, filed through the NMLS, for the duration of their operations.

Mortgage servicers must have a bond on file with the Division of Mortgage Lending. The bond limit ranges from $100,000 to $300,000, based on the servicer's annual loan volume.

The Mortgage Banker Surety Bond is a requirement for all Nevada mortgage bankers who have received a Certificate of Exemption through the Division of Mortgage Lending and who sponsor mortgage loan originators licensed in the State.

Title insurers and agents are required to file a bond with the Division of Insurance. The bond limit is equal to 2% of the average collected balance of the trust or escrow account managed, and Jet only charges a small percentage of that amount for bonding.

Escrow agencies, who manage, conduct, or supervise escrow-related transactions, must hold a surety bond to get and maintain an active license status.

Financial Management

Collection agencies need a surety bond to be licensed with the Financial Institutions Division. The required bond limits range from $35,000 to $60,000, based on the average monthly trust account balance.

Debt management providers must file a Uniform Debt-Management Services Act Surety Bond through the Nevada Financial Institutions Division, Department of Business to be licensed.

Foreclosure or loan modification consultants applying for a covered service provider license must get and maintain a surety bond with the Division of Mortgage Lending.

Nevada check-cashing services, high-interest loan providers, deferred deposit loan providers, and title loan providers need to file a bond with the Financial Institutions Division.

The Department of Business and Industry requires credit service organizations in the State of Nevada to hold a $100,000 bond.

Those operating money transmission businesses must file a bond with the Nevada Department of Business and Industry.


The Division of Insurance enforces individuals who negotiate and bind reinsurance contracts or act as an agent of an insurer. MGA's are required to be licensed and purchase a $50,000 surety bond.

To operate as a premium finance company in the State of Nevada, you must secure a $50,000 license bond with the Division of Insurance’s Department of Business and Industry.

Self-insurers of workers' comp insurance must have a minimum net worth of $2.5 million and hold a surety bond to do business in Nevada. A company can always just purchase a workers comp policy, otherwise.

Individuals performing duties on behalf of an insurer in Nevada must first be registered as a Third-Party Administrator. To do so, a surety bond must be filed with the Nevada Division of Insurance.

Bail agents, solicitors, and general agents need a license bond, filed with the Division of Insurance, to do business in Nevada.

Other Finance-Related Bonds

Through the Nevada Secretary of State, document preparers are to obtain a registration and bond if they plan to perform such services for compensation.

The City of Las Vegas enforces a $5,000 license bond requirement for secondhand dealers buying, trading, or selling melted or junk metal and other personal items.