Nevada Construction Bonds

The State of Nevada, along with some its cities and counties, have surety bond requirements for those working in the construction industry. Most notable being the contractor license bond for all classifications of contractors.

Whether a bond is needed for licensing, permitting, or obtaining a contract, Jet Insurance Company can provide you with the appropriate coverage. As a direct surety company, Jet offers a simplified process and competitive rates. Select from the bonds listed below or call us at (775) 882-1334.

State Required Bonds

Contractors licensed through the Nevada State Contractors Board must hold a surety bond. The bond amount required varies from $1,000 to $500,000.

To be approved for a right-of-way permit project, contractors must file a Right-of-Way Occupancy Bond with their local district office.

The Nevada Commission on Mineral Resources, Division of Minerals, requires those conducting oil, gas, and geothermal drilling to obtain a permit bond.

County Required Bonds

Burglar alarm installation businesses need a $2,000 bond on file with Clark County's Business License Department.

Washoe County requires a $5,000 bond for anyone applying for a street-cutting permit to work on streets, avenues, highways, gutters, sidewalks, and alleys.

City Required Bonds

To be issued a license or permit for construction work in the City of Las Vegas, a surety bond may be required prior to beginning work.

A $5,000 bond is needed for contractors seeking permits for grading, paving, excavation, encroachment, or repairing public streets, highways, and right-of-ways in Reno.

Other Construction Bonds

Bonds are required for contractors hiring from Teamsters Local 631, Carpenters Joint Trust Fund, United, Association of Journeymen Local 525, Southwest Regional, Council of Carpenters, International Union of Painters, and Allied Trades (IUPAT) Local 159 are found here. Other unions may also require bonds.