Jet recently met with Larry Laskowski, the Executive Director of IADAC (Independent Automobile Dealers Association of California), to discuss the goal of IADAC and the benefits of being a member.
IADAC is a non-profit organization made up of professionals who are committed to promoting ethical practices in the automotive industry.IADAC has been around since 1958 and is the only association advocating fair legislation for independent auto dealers and their customers. Their mission is: “to anticipate, recognize and respond to the industry's need for education, information and resources with the goal of improving customer confidence and satisfaction”.
Many achievements have been made by IADAC, but most notably, they are responsible for amending legislation that proposed to double the dealer bond limit from $50,000 to $100,000, saving many dealerships from going out of business.
IADAC membership benefits include:
- Discounts (typically $200) on buy fees at all major auctions in California
- Scholarship opportunity for IADAC members’ children
- Instant Membership with the NIADA (National Independent Automobile Dealers Association)
- Year-round compliance information and legislative representation
- Low-cost admission to the Annual convention with guest speakers
- Hotline access for hard-to-answer questions
In addition, IADAC aspires to provide value and opportunity to all members to increase the success of those businesses.
If you are interested in learning more about IADAC, you may visit their website here:
You may also contact Larry with any questions:
Phone: (916) 893-3306